- Effect on UK of 1m rise in sea level
- The Thames Valley area would be flooded e.g Marlow and Henley-on-Thames
- Parts of London would flood due to the Thames barrier being ineffective against such an influx of water, meaning a huge loss of homes, businesses and jobs.
- Areas of Cambridgeshire would be underwater
- Areas of Northern England such as Grimsby, Hull and Middlesborough would be flooded.
- Major Southern settlements like Southampton and Brighton would be lost.
- Overall, thousands of people would have to be evacuated and relocated, arable farm land would be polluted with salt water and debris, habitats would be lost, and millions of pounds worth of damage/loss of jobs/businesses going bankrupt.
Similar Geography resources: