- Economic Factors Affecting Energy Supply
- Most accesible and cheap deposits of fossil fuels are developed first.
- Onshore deposits of oil and gas are easier to develop than offshore deposits (eg. under the seabed)
- Hydroelectric sites near major transport routes and electricity transmission are more economically viable to build than in more inaccessible locations.
- Direct investment is needed in LEDCs for available energy resources to be developed.
- Energy prices rise
- Energy companies increase spending on exploration and development.
Similar Geography resources: