- Created by: Janelle M Massey
- Created on: 10-07-18 17:41
- Differing Christian attitudes to the creation story
- There are two ways to interpret the creation story - literally or non-literally
- Some follow the fundamentalists, they believe Genesis is an accurate account of what happened, a creationism belief
- This comes from the view that the Bible is the inspired word of God which is never mistaken.
- Some Christians think that the creation story is not meant to be taken literally, some try and mix it with the scientific views as well as biblical views, some claim each 'day' of the creation story is actually billions of years
- Catholics read the Genesis 1-2 in a symbolic way by believing that it reveals important thing about nature of the world and humanity, both stories share the same truths.