- Created by: jakewhite
- Created on: 11-05-17 21:14
- Demography is The study of the structure of the Human Population, using statistics Demographers study the size, growth rate, density and distribution of a population
- Calculate life, death, marriage, divorce rates, life expectancy and migration rates
- To know in advance.
- To plan for the future: ØHealth (NHS) ØHousing ØEducation ØTransport ØWelfare
- Birth rate Number of live births per 1000 women per population
- Death rate Number of deaths per 1000 per population
- Infant mortality rate Number of deaths of children under 1 year old per 1000 per population
- Life expectancy The average age a man and women are expected to live to (77 and 81)
- Fertility rate The number of pregnancies per 1000 women per population
- Population is the number of people inhabiting a specific area, measured by some kind of census
- What is a census?
Every 10 years since 1801 the
nation has carried out a census – a count of all people and households. It is
the most complete source of information about the population that we have. The
last one was held on Sunday 27th
It is the only survey which
provides a detailed picture of the entire population.
It covers everyone at the same
time and asks the same questions.
- zdgfhmnWhy? It makes it easy to compare different parts of the country, and helps to effectively plan; -Housing -Education -Transport -Other public services