- Created by: zachary hyams
- Created on: 24-12-19 14:41
- Defying Gravity: Tonality
- In the opening the tonality is ambiguous with chromatic movement and unrelated chord progressions.
- It is in D major.
- At bar 20 it is in B major for two bars before arriving in F major at bar 22. At bar 32 it arrives in the tonic key of D major for the verse. It remains in D major until bar 88 when it moves to G major. In bar 103 it returns to D major. At bar 115 it returns to the chromatic melody of the opening. At bar 132 it returns to the tonic key of D major. For the final Maestoso section, bar 168 it is in B minor until we finish on a chord of D major.