- Created by: cara12
- Created on: 12-04-19 11:52
- Definitions of abnormality-Deviation from Ideal mental health
- Occurs when someone does not meet a set criteria for good mental health.
- Jahoda(1958) prposed thet there were six categories that clinicians typically related to mental health.
- Self-attitudes/Integration/Personal growth/Autonomy/Perception of reality/Environmental mastery
- Comprehensive definition-STRENGTH-covers large range of criteria for mental health/Jahoda suggest were in good health if we meet the criteria/range of factors discussed in relation to criteria makes good tool to think about mental health
- Cultural relative-LIMITATION- some criteria is specifically western and north america cultures/Culture bounde.g Concentrating on self not family
- High standard for mental health- Not everyone will achieve the criteria- make everyone abnormal/positive-benefit from seeking treatment/Negative-Treatment against will