- Dawes Plan 1924
- 5 Nations were represented on it.
- Became clear Weimar couldn't pay reparations. So they realised they needed to boost Germany's economy in order to hope for payment.
- America payed Germany to kick start economy.
- Payments were changed to be cheaper, but it was still hoped that Germany could pay 1 billion marks.
- The involvement of the USA calmed nerves.
- Main problem was it was only a short-term solution.
- Country was in poor economic circumstances caused by French occupation of the Ruhr.
- UK and France realised they needed to keep Germany stable.
- Formulated to take Weimar Germany out of hyperinflation.
- Wanted to return economy to a form of stability.
- Got name from American Head of Economy, Charles Dawes.
Similar History resources: