- Data Validation
- -Corrected and recorded wrong.
- -Entered into a computer incorrectly.
- -Processed incorrectly.
- -Deliberately or accidentally changed by unauthorised people (HACKING)
- -Become corrupted when being transmitted from one computer to another
- -Range Check: Numerical data checked to see if the value has an acceptable range so that it is sensible.
- -Presence Check: Sometimes it is essential to have an item of data present.
- -Format Check: Will look at the data to see if it conforms to the rules for that data item.
- -Check Digit: Will look if digits are in the wrong order.
Similar ICT resources: