- Dabbs et al (1995)
- testosterone levels in 692 male prisoners
- recorded the types of crime committed & how often they broke prison rules
- found that those with high testosterone levels were more likely to have comitted sexual and violent crimes and broke more prison rules than those with lower levels of testosterone.
- those with lower levels of testosterone were more likely to have comitted burgarly and drug cirmes
- The more testosterone levels, the more likely they were to comit violent crimes
- A disadvanatge fo this study is that it is a CORRELATIONAL study - does not prove that testosterone caused the crime.