- Clinical characteristics of Sch!
- DSM IV
- Disorganised - must have: disorganised speech, inappropriate emotions and no catatonic symptoms.
- Residual - presence of negative symptoms.
- Paranoid - preoccupation with 1 or more delusions or hallucinactions, no disorganised speech
- Catatonic - strange voluntary movements
- Undifferentiated - variations between symptoms.
- ICD 10
- Paranoid - delusions / hallucinations.
- Hebephrenic - mood is shallow and inappropriate. Drive and determination is lost and aimless.
- Catatonic - mutism, bizarre posture, waxy flexibility.
- Undifferentiated - dont satisfy one but elements from each.
- Post schizophrenic depression - had sch in the past 12 months and has some symptoms still present but mainly depressive symptoms.
- Residual - negative symptoms.
- Simple sch - development of oddities, inability to meet demands of society.
- DSM IV
Similar Psychology resources: