- Cliff collapse - Barton on sea- EROSION
- The cliffs at Batron are made of sand on top of clay. When it rains water soaks through the clay and adds weight to the cliff causing it to slump.
- The sand and clay cliffs are not very resistant to erosion caused by the destructive waves.
- Large gryone down the coast of Barton. This has caused less sediment being transported to beach of Barton
- large fetch stretching across the Atlantic and it is combined with winds thats produce large destructive waves.