- Church attendance today
- Wilson: Church attendance has halved since his research in the 1960's and he expected it to fall further to 4.7% in 2015.
- Sunday school attendance has declined and now only a small proportion of children attend Sunday school.
- The English Church Consensus (2006): Membership in large religious organisations has declined whereas in small religious organisations it has increased overall.
- However, the increase in the small religious organisations has not compensated for the decline in large religious organisations. Therefore, this is still an overall decline in religious membership.
- In 1971, 3/5 of weddings were in a church whereas by 2006 it was 1/3.
- Baptisms of children fell from 55% in 1991 to 4