- Christian Arguments for the Death Penalty
- The old testament set capital punishment as a penalty for some crimes. ‘Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed.’ Genesis 9:6
- Neither the Roman Catholic Church or The Church of England have retracted their support for state instigated capital punishment.
- In the middle ages the Christian Church used capital punishment for crimes such as heresy.
- Important Christian leaders such as St Thomas Aquinas have supported capital punishment to preserve the peace of society.