- Childrens act 2004
- The childrens act makes childrens health and wellbeing their priority and it gves children a say and a voice that should be listened to.
- Every child matters was made due to the update of the childrens act
- it is a guidline meaning you dont have to follow it but its reccommended that you do
- it makes sure children are healthy, staying safe , enjoying and achieeing,making a positive contribution and economic wellbeing
- it looks after children and young people up to the age of 19 and up to 24 for people with disbilities
- children are protected from harm
- children are abel to express their views and be heard
- parents are given responsibilities that they should follow
- children can be taken into care 'safe place'
- children have 'rights'
- children under ten are not considered accountable, so may not be listened to
- court cases that involve children are heald privately so theres not public scrunity
- there isnt much accountibility of social care workers outside their department
Similar Health & Social Care resources: