- Chief Buthelezi.
- Set up the Inkatha Freedom Party in 1979.
- Initially had the blessing of the ANC but then broke away in 1979.
- He is said to have secretly worked with the Nationalist Government to attack the Zulus.
- He became opposed the the ANC.
- Eventually he signed a deal with Mandala and De Klerk that ended apartheid (CODESA).
- He was an obsticle fir the ANC.
- He influanced a large tribe, so the ANC needed his and the tribe's support to form the post-apartheid government.
- Organisations and Positions.
- What did he do that was significant?
Similar History resources: