- Recall that applying a potential difference to 2 parallel plates produces a uniform electric field in the central region between them
- Draw and interpret diagrams using lines of force to describe uniform electric fields qualitatively.
- Recognise and use the expression E= V / d
- Use the expression C = Q / V
- Recognise and use the expression W=1/2 Q V for the energy stored by a capacitor & derive the expression from the area under a graph of p.d. vs charge stored
- Derive and use related equations for energy stored, such as W= 1/2 CV
Similar Physics resources: