- Computer Aided Manufacture
- used to replace manual operation which means that the machine can work continuously
- Can work with chemicals and materials that may be hazardous to humans
- The quality is more consistent as there are less faults
- Computer controlled machines can be used to create logos and embroidery
- Can allow machines to store a memory of previous processes; useful for repeated processes such as darts
- can control and keep track of the information necessary for JIT stock management and manufacture.