- Breast Cancer Lifestyle Changes.
- Limit alcohol intake - the more alcohol you drink the greater your risk of developing breast cancer.
- Don't smoke.
- Control weight - being overweight/ obese increases risk of breast cancer.
- Be physically active - will help maintain a healthy weight which will in turn prevent breast cancer.
- Limit dose and duration of hormone therapy.
- Avoid exposure to radiation and environment pollution.
- Studies have shown that women using oral contraceptive pills have a slightly greater risk of developing breast cancer.
Similar Health & Social Care resources: