- Biology- Fertility Treatment
- Some women have too low levels of FSH and LH which can prevent a women getting pregnant.
- The hormones FSH and LH can be injected into women to stimulate egg releases in their ovaries
- IVF- in vitro fertilization pro: It can give an infertile couple a child.
- IVF- in vitro fertilization con: Some women can get affected by it badly, some have reported it increases the chance of cancer and multiple births can occur if more than one embryo grows into a baby.
- IVF can be done with donated eggs - pro: can help a person who cant produce eggs to get a baby, and reduces risk of passing on genetic disorders
- IVF with donated eggs - con: It can be emotionally difficult for the family knowing that it is not related to the mum.
- Using a surrogate mother - pro: It allows a couple who cant have children to have children, or if its dangerous for them to give birth
- Using a surrogate mother - con: The surrogate mother is legally the mother of the child until its adopted by the intended couple. The mother may keep the baby instead of giving it away.