- Biology Classification
- Animals: All multicellular animals.
- Plants: All green plants.
- Fungi: Moulds, mushrooms, yeast.
- Prokaryotes: Bacteria, nlue-green algae
- Further Divisions
- Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species
- Cladistics is another way to identify a species using DNA or RNA, rather than just physical characteristics
- Bony Fish: Breath through gills underwater, body temp varies depending on surroundings.External fertilisation and lay eggs.
- Amphibians: Usually have lungs, can absorb oxygen through moist skin, body temp varies depending on surroundings.External fertalisation and lay eggs.
- Reptiles: Have lungs and dry scales, body temp varies depending on surroundings. Internal fertilisation and produce eggs.
- Birds: Have lungs, feathers and beaks. Can maintain their body temps (they're homeotherms) Internal fertilisation, lay eggs.
- Mammals: Have lungs and fur. Can maintain body temp. Internal fertilisation and birth live young (they're viviparous)
Similar Biology resources: