- CNS- made up of the brain & spinal cord. Focuses on how the brain controls our behaviour
- Synapse- Junction between 2 neurons where info can be passed
- Neurons- Cell in the CNS that receives or passes on info through electrical impulses
- Neurotransmitters- A chemical involved in passing info between neurons at synapse. From terminal button to dendrite.
- Receptor- An organ or cell that responds to external stimulus e.g. heat/light & transmits signal to sensory nerve
- Genes- Contain DNA carrying info through generations. For protein synthesis. Influences development
- Hormones- Chemicals released in blood stream, change functions in body. Oestrogen/ testosterone
- Brain Lateralisation- Extent to which brain functions are controlled by each hemisphere. Males- right, Women- both