- Created by: Rianne B
- Created on: 16-04-13 13:42
- Backing/ secondary storage devices and media
- Solid state drives - A solid state drive is use to store data and it is used in a similar way to a hard drive except unlike a hard drive, there are no moving parts. They have the advantage over a hard drive that they are very robust so not easily damaged. Data is also transferred between the drive and computer faster.
- Virtual memory - Applications software is given the impression it has lots more memory available to it because it is using some of the storage on a disk drive as well as the memory.
- Online storage - Online backup companies will allow you to store your backup data on their computers. the internet is used to transfer the files to and from their storage.