- Created by: Danielle Trout
- Created on: 27-04-13 20:37
- B3 1.4 Exchanging materials - the lungs
- Certain features such as a large surface ares, short diffusion paths and steep concentration gradients increase the effectiveness of an exchange surface.
- The alveoli are the air sacs in the lungs.
- The lungs are adapted to make gaseous exchange as efficient as possible. They have many alveoli, which provide a large surface area with a good blood supply and short diffusion distances. The lungs are ventilated to maintain steep diffusion gradients.
Similar Biology resources: