- Arthur Kipps
- "I had risen to become a full partner in the firm of lawyers."
- "I had never been an imaginative or fanciful man."
- Easily contented
- "anticipating nothing more than a pipe and a glass of good malt whiskey"
- "I had no taste at all for social life."
- "A story for my eyes only"
- "For an answer to my prayer"
- "A widower for twelve years"
- "My indecisive nature"
- "I hesitated..."
- "an infection"
- He approves of Isobel's "Practical" and "sensible" manner.
Similar English Literature resources: