- Anita and me- quotes from Meena
- 'there was always going to be a part of me that was forever Indian'
- 'But to be told off by a white person, that was not just misbehaviour, that was letting down the whole Indian nation'
- 'maybe that's what love meant both people thinking they were the lucky one'
- 'attack being the best form of defence, and never to show you might be in pain. That would only invite more violence because pity was for wimps and wimps could not survive round here'
- 'I had seen how in an instant, those you called friends could suddenly become tormentors, sniffing out a weakness or difference'
- 'All that potential, all that hope, all gone because i made friends once with Anita Rutter'