- Created by: LucasG435
- Created on: 15-01-18 17:11
- American Civil Rights
- Land of the free: by the 1860's all of America was inhabited by white settlers. In order to preserve white domination and unify the vast and joined all 13 states. Liberty, freedom and democracy.
- Jim Crow Laws: the way that southern people get away with separating black and white people. it split people in all areas of life e.g. buses,trains, schools and neighborhoods.
- America became home to hundreds of people including Europeans and became known as the land of the free.
- Three Amendments: Thirteenth amendment put an end to slavery. Fourteenth amendment strengthened legal rights of freed states.