- Against votes for women
- Men and women have different interests. Women are home-makers and mothers. It is the role of the men to debate and take difficult decisions.
- It is mainly middle-class women campaigning for the vote. They will have little interest in laws to help ordinary working people.
- Women are not rational. They are too emotional to be trusted with the vote.
- Women are pure and should be protected form the grubby world of politics.
- Giving respectable women the vote will also encourage them to develop their careers an neglect their family duties. Only the lower classes will have children.
- Giving the vote to women will mean giving it to all men - including layabouts and riffraff.
- Why worry about the vote? There are much more pressing concerns such as Ireland and the trade unions.
- Women do not fight in wars for their country. So they should not have a say in whether the country should go to war.