- African American's Pre-1900
- 13th Amendment 1865 - freed all slaves
- Reconstruction Period - Forced the new amendments on to the Southern States but
- 14th Amendment 1868 - Gave freed blacks citizenship
- 15th Amendment 1870 - Forbade the denial of vote based upon colour or race
- Ku Klux Klan was a terrorist organisation advocating white supremacy.
- Plessy V fergusson 1897 - 'seperate but equal'
- Black Codes and Jim Crow Laws
- Voter Registration Restrictions:
- Grandfather Clauses
- Poll Taxes
- Property Qualifications
- Booker T. Washington
Similar History resources: