- =Parties involved in a dispute discuss the problem between themselves
- -Can be done face-to-face/ emails/letters/ phone calls/ discussions
- Disadvantage- - The absence of a neutral third party can result in parties being unable to reach an agreement. - Imbalance of power can be present in the absence of neutral third party
- Advantages- - Cheaper than courts (litigation) - Faster than courts - Relationship is maintained - Parties have control over negotiations
- D&C Builders V Rees
- - D held liable - Had to pay full amount to builders - D had an 'unfair advantage over claiment'
Similar Law resources: