- Created by: Elsie_
- Created on: 09-05-13 11:22
- Acid + Metal = Salt + Hydrogen
- The more reactive the metal the faster the reaction.
- Metals less reactive than hydrogen (eg.Copper) do not react with acid.
- To prove hydrogen is present we hold a burning flint over the reaction and if hydrogen is present it will make a loud squeak and go out.
- Hydrochloric acid makes chloride salts.
- Sulfuric acid makes sulfate salts.
- Nitric Acid makes nitrate salts when neutraklised, but it makes nitrogen oxide when it reacts with metals.