- Created by: Laura Bradley
- Created on: 15-12-12 16:33
- Access to Personal Files Act 1987
- Mainly covers records that involve housing and social services.
- Application procedures and rights are very similar to those of the Access to Health Care Records Act 1990 and access to records can be defined on similar grounds.
- Similar to the Data Protection Act 1984, it enables service users to access any relevant information informally.
- According to the Data Protection Act 1998, every service user has a right to see personal data about themselves, held on computer and on paper.
- This Act provides a right of access to personal information about the client, held by public authorities and private bodies.