- A Christmas Carol- The Ghost of Christmas Past"
- "I`m the Ghost of Christmas Past"
- "It was a strange figure- like a child, yet not so like a child at like an old man"
- "And yet the face had not a wrinkle in it"
- "Its hair, which hung around its neck and down its back, was whit as if with age"
- "It held a branch of fresh green holly in its hand"
- "Of its head there a sprung a bright clear jet of light"
- "Had its dress trimmed with summer flowers"
- "Your lip is trembling,` said the Ghost. "And what is that upon your cheek"