- Created by: TamaraLangton
- Created on: 28-02-19 11:12
7 Steps a PR Practitioner has to follow
when planning sponsorships
1: Determine the strategy and objectives of the organization.
- Clear on reason behind sponsoring event
- Create aims/ objectives SMART
- Determine what is right for organisation
Budgets and time frame of sponsorship.
- Specific expectations clarified
- Event dates planned ahead of time
- specify time frame of sponsorship
3: Formulate advertising, marketing and PR strategies to
achieve maximum benefits and to make the best of the sponsorship property.
- Encode organisations message
- Specify target audience
- Include social media in strategy
4: Activation of the Sponsorship by creating activities
linked to a PR campaign to ensure maximum exposure for the organisation.
- Organise pre event activities
- Plan media conferences, media releases, announcements
- Synchronise activities across departments
- Ensure consistency with branding.
- Ensure activities line up with objectives.
5: Hosting of the Events.
- Implement security/ safety procedures
- Plan for unforeseen crisis
- Aware of “ambush marketing”
6: Evaluation and measurement of the sponsorship successes
as per the initial objectives set.
- Compare outcome against pre-set objectives
- Determine if promotion was worth the expense
7: Corrective plan.
- Make necessary adjustments to sponsorship contracts based on evaluation
- Determine weaknesses and implement solutions for next time
- 1: Determine the strategy and objectives of the organization.