- Created by: jadeedaj
- Created on: 14-05-20 17:13
- 1984 Los Angles Games
- 12 weeks before the games it was announced that the games would be BOYCOTTED by 14 eastern block countries including: Hungary, East Germany, Poland, Cuba and Bulgaria.
- Reason: the Soviet Union accused the US of stirring up anti-Soviet propaganda.
- It was the first Olympics to be considered a product of MASS COMMERCIALISATION.
- Alternative Games: Friendship Games
- In 1986 the Goodwill Games took place which acted as a reconciliation games between the US and USSR