- Harding 1921-1923
- Chewed tobacco in public but wife stopped this.
- Booze parties in White House
- "A return to Normalcy"
- Return to Conservative principles
- High tariffs, low taxation. Anti-immigration & isolationism
- Mr 'Nice Guy' & 'Mr Nobody'
- Historian "If you lined up all the Presidents in order of importance, Harding would be at the end"
- Wrote personal hand-written response
- Genuine guy
- Shook hands of 1/4 million American people
- "Man of limited talents"
- described as "Not a bag man, just a slob"
- Early Death
- Died in Office
- Coolidge ascended
- Called his wife the DUCHESS
- Wife relied on astrologist
- Theory wife killed him as astrologist predicted Harding would "power quickly & die suddenly"
Similar History resources: