- 1.2 Data and Disease
- Epidemiology - study of incidence and pattern of a disease with view to finding prevention and control by collecting data and looking for pattern or relationship between diosease & various factorin lives of victims.
- Correlation - occurs when change in 1 variable reflected by change in other variable.
- It is easy to accept data and scientific information at face value when it should be looked at critically - some questions to help decide reliability of data
- Has the right factor been measured and right questions asked?
- How was the data gathered, were the methods reliable, right appartus used?
- Those collecting data have vested interest in outcome of research?
- any unanswered questions?
- Sutdy been repeated, with same results and conclusion by other people?