Data and information
- Data -> Process -> Information
must be: accurate, up
to date, complete,
a reliable source and timely
- Accurate - Bills, customer won't want to pay more and companies don't want to lose money
- Reliable source - Can we trust the info provider, BBC or Wiki?
- Up to Date - Seat bookings so no seats are booked twice
- Relevant - People sent advertisements must have an interest in the company otherwise its a waste of money.
- Complete - to avoid problems such as having to make two deliveries to the same customer to complete an order
- Timely - any info needed for a meeting should be there beforehand.
- Good quality information must be: accurate, up to date, complete, relevant, from a reliable source and timely
- Ie. telephone number, address or name.
- Data - raw facts and figures that can be turned into something meaningful - information.
- Telephone numbers - cannot be calculated, used to contain letters and is a code
- Image, Audio, Text, Number