Choose a piece of practical work in which you have made a contribution as an actor. Expect answers to refer to the following:
- Identification of the style.
- Identification of the period.
- Identification of the target audience.
- Identification of the genre.
- Identification of the performance space - general responses, such as school hall or drama studio are accepted.
- Identification of own contribution, for example actor, stage manager, set designer.
- Identification of design elements.
- Identification of technical elements.
For top marks, work through the question in order.
Our piece was about: drugs and peer pressure. We focused on a group of school girls who take drugs in a classroom at school; we wanted our audience to focus on and think about peer pressure.
The style of our piece: was naturalistic, with non-naturalistic elements. This is because we wanted the audience to feel the emotions of the characters.
The period of our piece: was the present day as it made it more relatable for us and the audience, allowing it to stay true to the style of naturalism.
Our target audience: was mainly teenagers because we thought they would feel the emotions of our characters best, as they would be able to relate and understand our characters, staying true to the style of naturalism.
The genre of our piece: was a tragedy as it feautures some distressing and sinister themes, including the death of one of the main characters.
The performance space: was our drama studio…
Get FREE access to this and 1000s more
No comments have yet been madeSign in to comment
FREE access to 192,000 resources
What our members say:
“I have recommended this to all of my friends and they all come back saying I don't know what I would've done if you hadn't shown me this :)”
“Get Revising is so amazing! It's great to be able to ask others questions and get student to student information. Thanks Get Revising!”