Other slides in this set
WHAT I NEED TO KNOW
Posture Muscles and
Types of Muscle Fibre
WHAT DO OUR MUSCLES DO?
· Enable us to move our body parts.
· Give us our individual shape.
· Protect and keep in place our abdominal organs.
· Enable us to maintain good posture.
· Help in the circulation of our blood.
· Generate body heat when they contract.
THERE ARE OVER 600 SKELETAL MUSCLES
IN THE BODY- 150 IN THE HEAD AND NECK.
TYPES OF MUSCLE
We can put muscles into 3 types based on
how they work:
· Skeletal/Striped or Voluntary Muscle
· Smooth or Involuntary Muscles.
· Cardiac Muscle
SKELETAL or VOLUNTARY MUSCLES
They are under our conscious control.
This means we instruct them to
perform everyday actions such
as walking, running and jumping.
How many can you name?