Other slides in this set
· This is where the job is extended
to provide a greater variety of
· This is done horizontally; meaning
that there are more tasks but at
the same level of responsibility.
Examples of companies
who use job rotation:
· It relives boredom.
· Allows for a wider range of skills
for workers who become more
flexible which results in more
· If an employee is ill they can
easily be covered.
· Avoids repetition.
· Disadvantages includes training time and
· Unchallenging job still.
· Could be seen as a greater number of
more boring tasks with less social benefits
(less time to socialise as learning new
· Groups constantly changing.